Social Value Pledge
Our impacts in the world, our workplace, with our customers, with our suppliers, in communities, and in the environment are important to us. This social value pledge is our commitment to the values we uphold and the initiatives we take to ensure we have a positive influence in what we do and in wider society. As a business, we set goals and put measures in place to monitor, review, and assess our progress against specific targets.
Who we are and what we value
WeGift is a global technology company that builds economic infrastructure for the business-to-consumer payouts industry. Our goal is to build a world where everyone can gain access to the global economy without barriers, banks, borders, or boundaries. WeGift is committed to ethical conduct in its business undertakings. Our culture and values form the basis for this commitment. Our core values are:
- Build Trust
- Dive Deep
- Adapt and Overcome
- Master Your Craft
- Enjoy the Ride
Our values guide everything at WeGift. For more information, visit: Culture & Values at WeGift
To retain loyal and productive staff, and act ethically, we recognise the importance of maintaining a good working environment. To create a strong and positive working environment, we actively:
- Encourage equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Enable employees to work from home and provide an accessible workplace environment in our offices when employees need to attend in person.
- Strive to create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination.
- Promote dignity and respect for all.
- Recognise and value individual differences and the contributions of all staff.
- Train managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity, and inclusion policy.
- Base decisions concerning staff on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the 2010 Equality Act).
- Operate a Whistleblowing Policy to encourage employees to express their concerns without fear of retaliation and a confidential disclosure process.
- Offer a flexible and extensive benefits package to all employees, including private healthcare through Bupa, enhanced parental leave, and compassionate leave.
Read about our approach and the actions we are taking to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people feel they are equally respected and valued regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, visit: Diversity & Inclusion at WeGift
Supporting skills development and training
WeGift is committed to creating opportunities for development and progress for all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be utilised for the efficiency of the organisation and job satisfaction. WeGift appreciates that developing a skill or learning a new skill takes time and effort, particularly when it has to be done outside the normal work schedule. To enable training and skills development, we:
- Enable employees to manage their learning time.
- Offer three paid days per year of paid learning and development time to employees.
- Provide each employee with an annual £1,000 budget for external resources for learning.
- Give a protected learning hour which can be monthly or weekly, depending on how much time an employee wishes to dedicate to independent learning.
Apprenticeships and studentships
WeGift offers opportunities for entry-level trainees. We operate an entry-level programme in our marketing, operations, product, and people departments. Trainees have successfully transitioned into full-time, permanent employee roles where we continue to support and develop their growth. As a business, we are committed to hiring graduates and non-graduates into entry-level roles, and to create opportunities for candidates with talent who seek to acquire the skills and experience required in their field.
Positive customer relationships
At WeGift, we believe it is important to look after our customers and to make sure they have a positive and lasting relationship with us. To maintain a positive relationship with customers, we are committed to:
- Continuous improvement in customer satisfaction and retention
- Ensuring the safety and quality of our products and services
- Clear communication with customers
We are committed to promoting and fostering a culture of accessibility in all that we do. That begins with our company website and marketing materials, and extends into the WeGift platform and customer resources. We provide links for further information, a route for users to raise issues, a process for reporting, and a complaints and an enforcement procedure should users wish to escalate a concern. For our Accessibility Statement in full, visit: https://wegift.io/accessibility-statement
Our supplier standards
As a business, it is important for us that our suppliers align with our company values, and that we maintain a good working relationship with them. At WeGift, we commit to:
- Requiring suppliers to sign and support a supplier code of conduct
- Requiring suppliers to comply with minimum wage legislation
- Requiring suppliers to comply with UK and local workplace and HR legislation
- Requiring suppliers to adhere to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the Bribery Act 2010
- Paying suppliers properly and on time
- Clear communication and good working relationships with suppliers
- Encouraging suppliers to take action in supporting those who face barriers to employment
- Encouraging suppliers to support educational attainment, including training schemes that address skills gaps and result in recognised qualifications
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
WeGift complies with the 2015 Modern Slavery Act and deplores slavery in any form. We take action to understand the potential modern slavery risks related to our business and take measures to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We produce a modern slavery statement relating to the
actions and activities we take.
WeGift publishes a Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy in compliance with the UK Modern Slavery Act of 2015 to evidence our activities to prevent modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and labour rights violations from taking place in our business and supply chains. We also take steps in our global operation to address
modern slavery worldwide.
WeGift is committed to maintaining an understanding of global legal developments relating to human rights and modern slavery, so we can continue to operate responsibly and in compliance with the law. We will continue to monitor how we receive and provide services to ensure that we are effectively combatting the risk of modern slavery in our business. For our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy in full, visit: https://wegift.io/modern-slavery-human-trafficking-policy
Protecting the environment
WeGift is committed to protecting the local and global environment, and to the continuous improvement of its environmental performance. This includes working towards the objective of net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. Our senior management and staff work to ensure that protection of the environment is firmly embedded in the company, and all employee culture and endeavours to influence its suppliers and customers to work in a
similar strategic environmental manner. For our full policy and statement, visit: WeGift Environmental Policy
Tackling economic inequality
Socioeconomic inequality relates to disparities that individuals might have in both their economic and social resources. These disparities include but aren’t limited to their earnings, education, and income. Groups and individuals that face discrimination because of a shared characteristic, such as gender, race, or disability, are significantly over-represented amongst the most socioeconomically disadvantaged. This is supported by a recent
Equality and Human Rights Commission’s impact assessment.
As a business, we recognise and understand our responsibility for finding pathways forward from economic inequality in our communities. Every organisation, including our own, needs to hold itself accountable for encouraging government, institutions, and policymakers to reflect priorities and support change. At WeGift, we are actively creating new employment and training opportunities.
Corporate social responsibility
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) refers to the way in which businesses manage their activities to enable a positive impact on society as a whole. We are committed to working ethically, considering human rights, as well as the social, economic, and environmental impacts of what we do as a business. We will meet, and aim to exceed, any relevant legislation, and where legislation does not exist, we will aim to follow best practice. As a business, we want to support local communities. Our company and individual employees provide sponsorship and monetary donations to local charities and groups that our staff have nominated as important to them. For information staff-nominated charities, visit: 2020 Charity Partnerships